Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And it continues

Temperatures are FINALLY starting to drop in the south so it isn't quite as miserable to run as it was initially. One morning last week I was actually cold (*gasp* did I really just say that?) when I got finished running! Granted, it was 5:00 in the morning so there was still a little chill in the air. It is still pretty warm most days but much more bearable than the 100 degree summer runs. I think I'll probably go get some cool weather gear soon. Shorty shorts and tanks just aren't going to cut it much longer!

Now that I am looking into running the marathon in February, I will probably have to adjust my schedule quite a bit. There are several different programs that I could run but I am pretty comfortable with the one I am using now. There is a program that is designed to only have one long run day whereas the program I am on now has two potentially long run days each week. I think I'm just going to stick with the one that I am on for now and switch later on as things get closer. I may just stay with this program for the half-marathon and then go to the other program for the full marathon. Before I switch anything though, I have to figure out if I am even going to run the full marathon!

Aside from running, life is pretty much sailing along like always. It is hard to believe that in just a few months Bodie will be 2! It seems like just yesterday John and I were still DINKs (Double Income, No Kids) and now we're all wrapped up in parenthood. I absolutely wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Bodie's word of the month is Tank eeewww. (Thank you - for those of you unfamiliar with toddler speak.) He has the sweetest little manners and says tank eeewww after almost everything. He has a fascination with birds right now (buurr - toddler speak again) and loves to watch them. And, he loves to help put on shoes - his, mine, John's, anyone's. He's getting so independent already! John took some great pictures of him last night that he still has to proof. As soon as they are done, I'll post them!

Have a great week, everyone!



No comments: