Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It is amazing how fast time flies by sometimes. Work has been very busy lately along with life in general!

Running has been going really well lately! I've started running longer distances again and so far my knee is hanging in there. When I wasn't running as much my pace improved but as I started running longer distances I realized I couldn't hang! So, I've had to slow down...which is difficult for me! I must admit though, pace makes a huge impact on my long distance runs.

I was pretty bummed this past weekend when I realized that I totally missed out on the Wells Fest 5K! I intended to run it but with everything else going on, it totally slipped my mind. I looked into the next few races and may one run downtown this weekend. Next weekend, there is a race in Vicksburg and you run across the old MS River bridge. However, it is under construction and they may move the location of the race. I'm not sure I'd want to run anywhere else over there. The hills around that place would be rough! I'm all about doing some running while I'm at mom's in the mountains in a couple weeks but I'm not a big fan of huge hills on race day!

Aside from running, I'm waiting on my copy of P90X - a pretty intense workout program. I've been going to the gym and love working out there, but this program is supposed to be pretty hardcore. According to one of my best friends, I'm not tough enough for it! But...I think I can do anything that I want to do...so I am! :) I'll probably track my progress through the program on here as well. It may be a joke at first but...I'm gonna give it my best shot!

Here is where I'll be running in two weeks!! And, I think its even prettier in person. Don't be jealous! :)





No comments: