Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away

Over the past 30 hours or so, Hurricane Gustav has made himself known throughout nearly the entire state of Mississippi. Thankfully, he has minimally disrupted my life thus far. While I do wish the rain would stop - even if just for a brief period of time - I am happy to report that the Robinson household had no interference with life as we know it...mostly. John did have constant meetings with work so Bodie and I had a lot of mom and Bodie time over this holiday weekend!

I am also happy to report that Gustav did not impede my workout schedule! I was able to squeeze in some gym time on Saturday, a run on Sunday and more gym time on Monday. My Sunday Runday was not as great as I would have hoped for. I ran about 2.5 miles and walked another .5 mile but the tension in my leg was starting to build up so I had to cut the run short. It was supposed to have been another 6 mile run but I didn't want it to turn out like last week. John and Bodie were playing at the park while I ran this time. Bodie was so confused chasing me around the track. I don't think he quite understood why he had to do all the chasing and I didn't do much chasing of him. John caught some pretty cute pictures of Bodie and I on his camera that I will put on here eventually.

Today is another run day but it is a short day...only two miles this time. I am OH SO EXCITED about running today though because John surprised me today with a Nike Sportband that I have been wanting! I got it all charged and it is ready to go! I have one more meeting at work and then I'll be headed to the gym to put in some time. I am not a treadmill fan - as I have stated before - but I'm just not up for running the rain today because of the wind. I'm really hoping to be able to say Goodbye to Gustav by Thursday!!

Adios!

No comments: