Monday, September 8, 2008

Progress(ish)

I have been slacking a little on keeping this updated lately. I have been continuing to run and/or work out every day - except for my off day! My running has been a little off from my training program because of the knee issues. I have been babying it a lot lately just to make sure that I don't really injure it. I haven't been running as far lately usually only a mile and a half or two miles at a time. I have been walking more though to at least get the mileage in. My run pace has definitely gotten better though! Yesterday I was running at just under a 9 minute mile which is great for me! My goal is to be able to run at 5K at about 7.5 to 8 minutes. For the half marathon, I'm not as concerned with my time. But...7.5 to 8 is about the average for the top runners in my age bracket at most 5Ks here locally. Everynow and then a little lightening bolt will show up and knock out a race with a 5.5 pace but they don't count. :)

I'm going to June Lake in a little over a month to watch my brother and sister while my mom is out of town. There is a neat little spa in June Lake that I was a member of when I lived there. One of the personal trainers at the spa is Chris Morgeson. He has finished the Ironman Triathalon World Championship several times...five or six if I remember correctly. I plan to pick his brain while I am there and maybe even do some private sessions with him to push me to the next level. I'm all about learning as much as I can at this point! June Lake is a tiny little town but its crazy how many really good athletes live in the area, whether it be June Lake or Mammoth! Okay...I must quit talking about June. It's making me homesick!

In other news...we took Bodie to the zoo this weekend. It was so much fun to see him watching the animals. He was still a little young but he had fun. I'm not extremely impressed with the Jackson Zoo. It had probably been about 15 years since my last visit. They didn't have a bunch of animals to me but they did have a lot of monkeys?! Who knows! Maybe monkeys are just easier to get ahold of vs. an lion or something? There were a lot of improvements going on around there though so I'm hopeful that it might get better one day. I got a few pictures but, of course, I haven't uploaded them to the computer. I'll admit, I'm terrible at doing that! Soon, soon, soon!

I've already knocked out my workout for the day. Work is going to be crazy this month and maybe for the next few months with all that is going on in the mortgage world. Who knew that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac would ever need a takeover by the Feds but here we are. Hopefully this will be a really good thing!

Until next time...

Running is like mouthwash; if you can feel the burn, it's working.
Brian Tackett

No comments: