Saturday, August 23, 2008


Mom made it into town yesterday morning. I worked a little bit during the day and then spent most of the day in 300 degree weather getting mom's storage unit straightened up. (Okay, so maybe it wasn't 300 degrees but it was VERY close!) We got that all done and then worked on garage sale stuff until late last night. I went to bed WAY late and got up WAY early but we sold everything at the garage sale by 9:15!! I was happy to say the least! Around 9 two ladies walked up and one of them was pregnant. Well...as I mentioned before...we had SO many clothes of Bodie's for sale. The lady who was pregnant told us that she was due in December and having a little boy. That put her in the perfect seasons for Bodie's clothes. We asked her how much stuff she had and she told us that today was the first day she had gone to look for things. We ended up selling her everything we had for one price and it was a SMOKING deal! When we were gathering all of it up (probably $700-800 worth of clothes from newborn to 12 months) she started crying. I started tearing up at that point. I would have just given the clothes to her in that moment. She was so thankful and I know that they were going to a home where they would be appreciated. It was a wonderful, wonderful way to end the morning.


As for the whole workout thing...um..yeah...yesterday I didn't work out or eat very well AT ALL. So, I officially designated yesterday as my cheat day for the week. I'm not sure that I could make it without having a cheat day! Now...by cheat day I don't mean donuts for breakfast, McDonald's for lunch and crap for dinner, too. I had pizza for dinner and several cokes throughout the day. And...I had cinnasticks, too! It was SOO good! Thank God for cheat days :) (In my own defense - I did have a grilled chicken salad for lunch, granola bar for breakfast and plain popcorn for a snack. Not terrible!)


Mom is headed home in a while and I'm planning to head to the gym after I take her to the airport. Tropical Storm Fay is headed into town this afternoon. It should be raining pretty good here really soon. The worst part of that...I have to run 6 miles tomorrow on a treadmill or in the rain. I'm thinking rain it will be! Someone will be getting new shoes FOR SURE!


I hope everyone has/had a great weekend... I'll let you know how the 6 mile thing works out.

No comments: