Thursday, August 21, 2008

So today was just a workout day. I finally made it to the gym around 4:00 this afternoon. I did mostly weight training and a little bit of cross training on the elliptical machine. I'm not sure what causes it but whenever I do weight training it makes my knee hurt like crazy!! I'm not a big fan of the "runner look" where people just get all skinny and bony looking and have very little muscle on them. I realize that I am a long, long way from that point but still...I'm not gonna risk it so I make sure that I keep those gym visits pretty regular!

I think that my biggest challenge so far is time management. Having a pretty demanding job and a family doesn't make things easy when it comes to working out. It took me nearly a year and half after Bodie was born to realize that the gym wasn't just going to show up in front of me each day. I had to make time for it. So, finally, I'm working on it. I really think that early in the morning would be the easiest time to get my runs in or get to the gym but I just cannot do it most days. I am SO not a morning person. I must say that I have definitely gotten better since Bodie was born but I would totally sleep in nearly every day if given the chance! And...my energy level at 5am is virtually nonexistent.

In other news...My mom is coming in town Friday morning! Unfortunately, she'll only be here for two days. She is coming back to sort through her furniture and stuff that she has in storage here. The June Lake real estate market is showing NO signs of turning around as far as commercial properties go. And because of that, she'll be staying put for a while so it is time to get her "stuff" that she's had packed away in storage for a while. In addition to that, we're having a garage sell on Saturday as well. Oh. My. God. I've had one garage sell ever and I'm pretty sure this might be my last one. We kept nearly every item of clothing we had for Bodie and we're finally getting rid of it! It has taken FOREVER to go through all of it and get it ready. I'm looking forward to mom being here but I'm sooo looking forward to this sale being OVER!

So tomorrow will be a run day. Have not decided if I am doing an AM or PM run at this point. Including warm up and cool down I will run 5 miles. I've never "had" to run 5 miles before but I'll be fine. I pulled 5 miles in the gym the other day so I can do it again. Thank God for iPods!!

2 down. 115 to go.

No comments: